Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- -4 × (y + z) = (y + z) × -4
- ( o × p ) × n = o × ( p × n )
- (x + y) × 1 = x + y
- Identity property of addition, Identity property of multiplication and Commutative property of addition
- Commutative property of multiplication, Associative property of multiplication and Identity property of multiplication
- Identity property of addition, Commutative property of addition and Commutative property of multiplication
- Identity property of multiplication, Distributive property and Commutative property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You have 3 books to read. How many different ways can you read your books?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
3, 18, 23, 20, 35, 11, 5, 16, 28
A bag contains 6 blue balls, 7 red balls, and 5 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 21.21 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 15 blocks east and 8 blocks south. How far are you from your house?
Each side of a square is decreased by 3 ft. The area of the newly created square is 9ft2
. What was the original length of one side of the square?