Algebra test generator
Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Solve the following problems:(or click here to generate a new test)
6. Simplify the following expressions:
9. Solve the following equations for x:
10. Solve the following inequalities. Then graph a) on the number line
11. Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
12. Add the following polynomials:
13. Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
15. Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
16. Factor the following polynomials:
17. For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
18. You have 2 pants, 4 shirts, and 2 shoes. How many different ways can you dress?
19. Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
20. Suppose you toss a coin and spin a spinner numbered 1 through 6
21. Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
22. Write the following fractions in simplest form:
23. Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
24. Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
25. Solve the following equation:
26. Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
28. The sum of two consecutive even integers is 18. What are the integers? (Hint: use 2x as the first even integer)
29. After you leave your house, you walk 16 blocks north and 12 blocks west. How far are you from your house?
30. Each side of a square is lengthened by 5 m. This makes the area of the square 400m2. What is the original length of a side of the square?
To print this algebra practice test, click here.