Algebra test generator
Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Solve the following problems:(or click here to generate a new test)
6. Simplify the following expressions:
9. Solve the following equations for x:
10. Solve the following inequalities. Then graph a) on the number line
11. Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
12. Add the following polynomials:
13. Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
15. Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
16. Factor the following polynomials:
17. For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
18. You have 5 pants, 5 shirts, and 3 shoes. How many different ways can you dress?
19. Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
20. A bag contains 7 blue balls, 4 red balls, and 6 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and return it to the bag.
What is the probability of picking:
21. Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
22. Write the following fractions in simplest form:
23. Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
24. Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
25. Solve the following equation:
26. Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
28. The sum of two consecutive odd integers is 32. What are the integers? (Hint: use 2x+1 as the first odd integer)
29. After you leave your house, you walk 8 blocks west and 6 blocks south. How far are you from your house?
30. A rectangle has an area of 238ft2. Its width is 3 ft less than its length. What are the dimensions of the rectangle?
To print this algebra practice test, click here.