Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- -15 + 15 × -1 = 15 × -1 + -15
- s × ( t × 1 ) = ( s × t ) × 1
- z × ( -9 + 6 ) = z × -9 + z × 6
- Commutative property of multiplication, Identity property of multiplication and Commutative property of addition
- Commutative property of addition, Associative property of multiplication and Distributive property
- Commutative property of multiplication, Identity property of addition and Distributive property
- Distributive property, Associative property of multiplication and Associative property of addition
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You have 5 pants, 3 shirts, and 4 shoes. How many different ways can you dress?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
35, 16, 37, 19, 7, 4, 13, 32
A bag contains 5 blue balls, 3 red balls, and 6 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 17.32 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 12 blocks north and 9 blocks west. How far are you from your house?
A rectangle has a width that is 5 m less than its length. The area of the rectangle is 14m2
. What are the dimensions of the rectangle?