Algebra test generator
Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Solve the following problems:(or click here to generate a new test)
6. Simplify the following expressions:
9. Solve the following equations for x:
10. Solve the following inequalities. Then graph a) on the number line
11. Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
12. Add the following polynomials:
13. Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
15. Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
16. Factor the following polynomials:
17. For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
18. You are seating 6 people on 6 chairs. How many different ways can those people sit?
19. Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
20. Suppose you toss a coin and spin a spinner numbered 1 through 8
21. Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
22. Write the following fractions in simplest form:
23. Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
24. Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
25. Solve the following equation:
26. Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
28. The sum of two consecutive even integers is 22. What are the integers? (Hint: use 2x as the first even integer)
29. After you leave your house, you walk 5 blocks south and 12 blocks east. How far are you from your house?
30. A rectangle has a length 4 ft greater than its width. The area of the rectangle is 140ft2. What are the length and width of the rectangle?
To print this algebra practice test, click here.