Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- (9 + y) × 5 = 5 × (9 + y)
- x × ( y + 0 ) = x × y + x × 0
- (p + 12) × 1 = p + 12
- Identity property of multiplication, Commutative property of addition and Commutative property of multiplication
- Associative property of addition, Identity property of multiplication and Associative property of multiplication
- Distributive property, Identity property of addition and Associative property of addition
- Commutative property of multiplication, Distributive property and Identity property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You can purchase your ice cream in a cup or a cone. Orders can be one, two, three, or four scoops. Flavors can be chocolate or vanilla. How many choices do you have?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
3, 38, 33, 32, 13, 22, 30, 16, 11
A bag contains 2 blue balls, 2 red balls, and 6 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
x - 1
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 16.50 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 16 blocks east and 12 blocks south. How far are you from your house?
The length of a rectangle is 4 less than 4 times the width. What are the dimensions of the rectangle if the area is 360ft2