Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- x × ( y + 1 ) = x × y + x × 1
- (y + 3) × (z + 8) = (z + 8) × (y + 3)
- ( t + 0 ) + s = t + ( 0 + s )
- Identity property of addition, Commutative property of addition and Associative property of addition
- Distributive property, Commutative property of multiplication and Associative property of addition
- Associative property of multiplication, Identity property of multiplication and Commutative property of addition
- Commutative property of addition, Associative property of multiplication and Commutative property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You have 4 pants, 5 shirts, and 4 shoes. How many different ways can you dress?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
17, 16, 3, 1, 24, 5, 9, 12
A bag contains 3 blue balls, 5 red balls, and 2 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
(x - 2)2
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 34.00 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 6 blocks north and 8 blocks west. How far are you from your house?
A rectangle has a length 9 m greater than its width. The area of the rectangle is 400m2
. What are the length and width of the rectangle?