Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- 15 + -4x = -4x + 15
- (d + e) × 8 = 8 × (d + e)
- (j + k + l) × 1 = j + k + l
- Commutative property of addition, Commutative property of multiplication and Identity property of multiplication
- Associative property of addition, Distributive property and Identity property of addition
- Associative property of addition, Distributive property and Identity property of multiplication
- Associative property of multiplication, Identity property of multiplication and Associative property of addition
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You have 6 books to read. How many different ways can you read your books?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
37, 24, 23, 21, 18, 30, 36, 32
A bag contains 2 blue balls, 7 red balls, and 2 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
x - 1
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
x - 10 = -20
x + 8
x = 36
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 16.50 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 3 blocks east and 4 blocks north. How far are you from your house?
Each side of a square is lengthened by 3 ft. This makes the area of the square 361ft2
. What is the original length of a side of the square?