Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- ( i + j ) + h = i + ( j + h )
- 0 + f + g + h = f + g + h
- -5 + -2 × -16 = -2 × -16 + -5
- Associative property of addition, Identity property of addition and Commutative property of addition
- Associative property of multiplication, Associative property of addition and Distributive property
- Identity property of addition, Distributive property and Associative property of multiplication
- Distributive property, Commutative property of multiplication and Associative property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You have 8 CDs. How many different ways can you listen to them?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
6, 17, 39, 12, 8, 11, 30
A bag contains 2 blue balls, 4 red balls, and 2 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and return it to the bag.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
x + 9
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 28.00 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 16 blocks north and 12 blocks east. How far are you from your house?
Each side of a square is lengthened by 6 m. This makes the area of the square 121m2
. What is the original length of a side of the square?