Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- ( z + 1 ) × y = z × y + 1 × y
- -2y + 5 = 5 + -2y
- ( x × y ) × w = x × ( y × w )
- Distributive property, Identity property of multiplication and Associative property of multiplication
- Distributive property, Identity property of multiplication and Commutative property of addition
- Identity property of multiplication, Commutative property of multiplication and Associative property of multiplication
- Distributive property, Commutative property of addition and Associative property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You can purchase your ice cream in a cup or a cone. Orders can be one or two scoops. Flavors can be chocolate or vanilla. How many choices do you have?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
7, 12, 34, 17, 11, 9, 14, 3
Suppose you toss a coin and spin a spinner numbered 1 through 6
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
(x + 1)3
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
x - 11 = -13
x + 19
x = 900
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 24.00 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 12 blocks south and 16 blocks east. How far are you from your house?
A rectangle has a length 10 ft greater than its width. The area of the rectangle is 171ft2
. What are the length and width of the rectangle?