Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- 9 × 1 + x = x + 9 × 1
- (v + w) × x = x × (v + w)
- ( -18 + 1 ) + -17 = -18 + ( 1 + -17 )
- Commutative property of addition, Commutative property of multiplication and Associative property of addition
- Distributive property, Commutative property of addition and Commutative property of multiplication
- Commutative property of multiplication, Identity property of addition and Distributive property
- Distributive property, Identity property of multiplication and Associative property of multiplication
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
Factor the following polynomials:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You are seating 6 people on 6 chairs. How many different ways can those people sit?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
6, 28, 15, 29, 20, 40, 7, 23
A bag contains 5 blue balls, 5 red balls, and 2 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and return it to the bag.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 16.74 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 12 blocks south and 5 blocks east. How far are you from your house?
A rectangle has a length 9 ft greater than its width. The area of the rectangle is 52ft2
. What are the length and width of the rectangle?