Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Simplify the following expressions:
Which properties are illustrated by the following three expressions?
- -20 × ( -4 × -5 ) = ( -20 × -4 ) × -5
- -10 × 10 = -10 × 10
- x × ( y + 0 ) = x × y + x × 0
- Associative property of multiplication, Identity property of multiplication and Commutative property of multiplication
- Associative property of multiplication, Associative property of addition and Distributive property
- Distributive property, Associative property of addition and Commutative property of addition
- Associative property of multiplication, Commutative property of multiplication and Distributive property
Solve the following equations for x:
Convert the following numbers into scientific notation:
Add the following polynomials:
Multiply the following polynomials and simplify:
Find the greatest common factor of the following terms:
For question 16, exercises b) and c), solve for x:
You can purchase your ice cream in a cup or a cone. Orders can be one, two, three, or four scoops. Flavors can be chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, peach or kiwi. How many choices do you have?
Use the following data to construct a box and whiskers plot:
19, 17, 8, 35, 9, 25, 10, 12, 38
A bag contains 5 blue balls, 6 red balls, and 5 white balls.
You pick a ball from the bag and put it in your pocket.
What is the probability of picking:
Solve and graph the following systems of linear equations:
Write the following fractions in simplest form:
x5(x + 8)
x4 + 18x3 + 80x2
Solve the equation below in two different ways. First, solve it using the quadratic formula
. Secondly, solve it by completing the square.
Convert the following repeating decimal into a fraction:
Solve the following equation:
x + 5 = 18
x + 15
x = 100
Rationalize the denominator of each fraction below:
Use a trigonometric ratio to find x:
x = 32.33 cm
After you leave your house, you walk 8 blocks south and 15 blocks west. How far are you from your house?
A rectangle has a width that is 2 ft less than its length. The area of the rectangle is 99ft2
. What are the dimensions of the rectangle?